Is there an unsolicited salesperson at your door? YOU HAVE RIGHTS.
- Never let anyone in your home
- Ask for ID and take picture of it for reference
- Never sign anything on the spot, do your research-read the fine print
- Never share personal information or copies of any bills or financial statements
- Cooling off periods:
- A contract may be cancelled for any reason within 10 days
- Contracts for a water heater can be cancelled for any reason within 20 days
- Put your cancellation in writing and keep a copy for your records
If you feel threatened/harassed or a salesperson refuses to leave your property when requested, call a family member, a neighbour, or the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122
For more information contact the Township of Wellington North at 519-848-3620.